National Plant a Flower Day
“To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.”
This is one of my favorite Audrey Hepburn quotes, which is why I love the message of National Plant a Flower Day. This sweet, unofficial holiday on March 12th, offers you and your family a way to honor life and celebrate impending spring.
Here are some fun tips for celebrating the day from my family to yours:
1. Grab your kids and make a fun outing out of a trip to the local nursery. Get some breakfast, bring a gardening book, and discuss your plans before shopping for your plants.
2. Pick seasonally and regionally appropriate flowers. Talk to nursery representatives for more direction – they know their stuff!
3. Add the care of your new flowers/garden to the chore chart to make sure they’re well maintained.
4. Name your flowers. I know this sounds silly, but when your kids name their plants and flowers, they’re more invested in tending to them. It personalizes the plant!
5. Give a flower to a neighbor. Random acts of kindness can go a long way. Plant a Flower Day is a wonderful excuse to unexpectedly acknowledge someone.
Here to help you plant,