“To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.”
This is one of my favorite Audrey Hepburn quotes, which is why I love the message of National Plant a Flower Day. This sweet, unofficial holiday on March 12th, offers you and your family a way to honor life and celebrate impending spring.
Here are some fun tips for celebrating the day from my family to yours:
1. Grab your kids and make a fun outing out of a trip to the local nursery. Get some breakfast, bring a gardening book, and discuss your plans before shopping for your plants.
2. Pick seasonally and regionally appropriate flowers. Talk to nursery representatives for more direction – they know their stuff!
3. Add the care of your new flowers/garden to the chore chart to make sure they’re well maintained.
4. Name your flowers. I know this sounds silly, but when your kids name their plants and flowers, they’re more invested in tending to them. It personalizes the plant!
5. Give a flower to a neighbor. Random acts of kindness can go a long way. Plant a Flower Day is a wonderful excuse to unexpectedly acknowledge someone.
Here to help you plant,
Woodside Homes' 30-year mission statement is "Value, Integrity, Quality and Service." As we maintain our mission, we also reserve the right to modify or change: floor plans, materials, features, prices and information without notice or obligation. All floor plans, elevations, dimensions, square footages, and maps are approximates and artist renderings and may not be to scale. See Sales Consultant for additional information.