Required Skills and Experience
· Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively.
· Excellent communication, organizational and management skills are essential.
· Fast, accurate computer skills (MS Office, JDE, Hypen/BuildPro, Envision, Sales Simplicity, etc.)
· 3-6 years of experience in Purchasing/Options
· Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate and/or Construction Management preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following:
· Participate in “Value Engineering Meetings” with Project Managers, consultants and major trades.
· Participate in meetings regarding product specifications, schedules, and job-related issues affecting the Construction/Purchasing department.
· Communicate with Project Management in a proactive manner to ensure that all necessary plans are obtained and bid in a timely manner. Verify any special considerations are budgeted, bid and contracted (e.g., acoustical report, conditions of approval, enhanced elevations, fire sprinklers, fuel modification requirements, methane requirements, 2020 building code update, etc.)
· Prepare Preliminary Product Specifications for new projects to meet specified spec level and pro forma budget considerations. Match existing standard specifications for products, materials, and details to ensure consistency throughout all projects.
· Coordinate with the Purchasing Director in the preparation of on-site budgets in a timely manner per the Purchasing schedule.
· Prepare complete bid packages to provide information to ensure complete, accurate bids. Ensure that Scope of Work and spreadsheets are continually updated to reflect accurate description of contract work, history of contracted work, and explanations as needed for audit purposes.
· Create Excel spreadsheets to thoroughly spread and evaluate bids as they are received.
· Analyze bid and proposals to ensure they are complete and comparable. Negotiate contracts to ensure best pricing and performance. Present spreadsheet for final contract approval by the Purchasing Director prior to contract award.
· Oversee preparation of contracts, contract change orders, and purchase orders as approved by Project Managers and Purchasing Director. Ensure that contract documents are signed by the subcontractors prior to start of work. Approximately two weeks prior to trench dates, review pricing and approve.
· Participate in framewalks to document all approved changes. Prepare detailed notes outlining all changes and distribute information to all impacted parties. Adjust contract specifications and pricing accordingly to reflect changes.
· Establish, negotiate and manage all option pricing for each community with the options team.
· Work with design center, sales, trade partners and field team members regarding any community option issues that arise and see to competition.
· Work with Envision in creating and updating options product.
· Order standard and upgrade samples needed for design center and sales.
· Manage the collection and option pricing entry into the system as scheduled and as needed.
· Ability to read and interpret architectural plans for options.
· Training of Purchasing Assistant to assist in their growing knowledge of construction terminology and procedures to continually develop their purchasing skills.
· Assist the Purchasing Director to coordinate workflow to department support personnel to expedite the processing, execution, and input of contracts into the computer system in a timely manner.
· Understands and agrees to Company vision and goals.
· Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all Employees and Management.
· Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with other builders, consultants, industry professionals, government agencies, prospective homebuyers, homeowners and vendors.
· Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines, department parameters and City/County policies and representatives.
· Solves problems by using judgement based upon knowledge of existing products and tracts, homeowner and/or sub-contractor schedules, management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
· Expected to meet established productivity and task management standards or seek assistance.