• Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or related discipline, plus minimum five years experience, including AutoCAD drafting
Preferred Education and Experience
• Professional Engineer licensure
• LEED certification and understanding of sustainable design
• 10 or more years of progressive project responsibility on large complex projects
Key Success Factors
• Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation techniques
• Strict adherence to deadlines
• Extensive experience in/exposure to consultant management
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively motivate and influence others.
• Proven skills for developing teamwork and collaboration.
• Ability to explain and interpret municipal and building codes, and related regulatory requirements.
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Proficiency with MS Office, including: Excel, Word, and Power Point
• Proven ability to map processes
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit
• Experience with product library creation
1. · Strong leadership skills.
2. · Strong creativity and problem solving skills
3. · Excellent communication skills.
4. · Business acumen, strong analytical and strategic mind.
5. · Effective negotiator
a. Develop and execute standardized scopes of work for all architectural and engineering consultants engaged by the company
b. Work with divisional operational leaders to drive consistently executed, best-in-class construction details that support evidence based building science
c. Take leadership role in improving the knowledge and understanding of construction details to division operations personnel
d. Align architectural and engineering resources with corporate business plan execution
e. Work with company leadership to support and execute the company’s sustainable building practices, including energy consultant management and sustainable program certifications, such as Energy Star, Indoor Air Plus, LEED, etc..
f. Develop and maintain product library
a. Originate new products in concert with divisional leadership, Consumer Insights team, customer needs and business model
b. Select ideal design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
c. Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as research findings, progress reports, and staff communication, in order to inform management of current status of each project
d. Works with Consumer Insights team to provide feedback on aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements
e. Collaborate with international product development team to evaluate and execute global lifestyle design initiatives