Land Acquisition Manager - Arizona Division
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or other related fields is required.
- 5 + years’ experience in single-family or multi-family home building a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and financial modelling is required.
- Experience with financial analysis, negotiations, and contract management required.
- Concise writing and public speaking/presentation skills are desirable for reporting to Corporate Asset Committee.
- Strong understanding of construction projects from acquisition to completion.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and qualify potential land acquisitions in alignment with division goals.
- Negotiate the acquisition of properties with landowners, brokers, and attorneys.
- Manage the purchase contract process from LOI to closing.
- Prepare financial pro-forma’s, including assumptions for timing, pricing, product line up, rate of sales, municipal fees, and other costs associated with development to determine the viability of proposed land acquisitions.
- Populate CMAs to help understand how the proposed product line up and pricing compares to other communities in the market area.
- Create reports from market research resources such as Zonda, Metro Study, and other data resources to help determine consumer’s product preferences.
- Prepare preliminary budget and schedule.
- Prepare detailed land packages with relevant support data and exhibits for submittal to Asset Committee.
- Perform necessary due diligence including coordination with Consultants for completion of all necessary due diligence.
- Responsible for lot takedown schedules, land pipeline schedules, monthly cash flow reporting and LOC updates.
DOE and competitive