Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and be willing to travel.
- Registered planner or engineer helpful but not required.
- Manage a team of consultants and engineers to obtain appropriate land use, zoning, site & engineering plans and municipal approvals for various residential development projects in division.
- Review technical reports including environmental, geotechnical and title reports, inclusive of civil engineering plans to identify potential project constraints.
- Hire and coordinate land planning and engineering consultants to prepare submittal exhibits/plans.
- Understand the various municipality’s entitlement and approval processes and procedures.
- Review survey, title, and supporting documents to determine risks and liabilities to Company.
- Review existing, adjacent, and proposed zoning classifications and understand what, if any, modifications are needed to accommodate proposed development.
- Prepare and track budgets for zoning, entitlement, and future phases.
- Create and maintain entitlement schedules.
- Work with consultants to negotiate development requirements/obligations with municipalities.
- Attend public hearings and speak as required.
- Schedule and attend neighborhood meetings and speak as required.
- Attend follow-up and DRC meeting(s) with City staff.
- Review and oversee the completion of engineering plans and assist in saving costs and improving the development schedule.
- Coordinate Final Plat recordation at County Recorder’s office
Effectively coordinate with Company to determine phasing and build sequence.
Solicit bids, coordinate and track responses from land development vendors to ensure best pricing and product.
Preparation of land development budgets by way of bid solicitation from various consultants.
Maintain and track project budgets and cash flow.
Monitor contractors to insure timely install of utilities.
Work with utility companies, municipalities, and other parties to ensure project schedules and budgets are met.
Ensure projects begin and leave applicable warranty periods in timely manner.